I've just begun working with Flash and the FlashPunk library. So far I've done two tutorials and I'm really liking it. In just a few hours after starting it up, I have a little platformer going with some sprites in Robot Man! Here it is, and hopefully I will have more flash stuff up in the future!
Started: April 1, 2010
Latest Download: Blog Post
I've been doing a little bit of work on Robot Man and I thought I'd give a bit of a status update on production. There will not be a download in this post, but I will include a screenshot, since I haven't gotten a whole ton done. With this screenshot you can see what I've included: Rock-Ombs. These rocks are just brown, unhappy and you can walk on them, but if you get underneath they will fall and explode. As you can see below, I'm being blasted on the right by one:
With the next update there should be a few random changes (better slope tolerance, higher jumping, better movement, etc.) Keep your eye out for the next update!
Posted by Time at 11:46 PM
I worked a bit over this break on Robot Man in the hopes of entering it in the newly declared 5th Yoyogames Competition with a theme consisting of "games that can be played on a handheld platform." This limits screen size to 480x272 maximum and controls to only the space bar and arrow keys. Luckily, Robot Man can be conformed to those standards, and thus I've decided to work on it and enter the competition. Some updates from the previous version include:
- Vents now push you.
- One jump.
- Purple mountains (aesthetic only).
- New enemy (puff-ball that I've nick-named "Floaty").
- Sand level.
- Smooth room transitioning.
- Large tree in the first level (aesthetic only).
- Scratched billboard (aesthetic only).
- The ability to be hurt has now been added (you cannot die, but you do flash red and get pushed around).
- Floating spirit of Robot Man in the first level to show you how he will look at the end of the game.
Posted by Time at 2:27 AM